* 3 very ripe bananas
* 2 eggs at room temperature
* 1/2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
* 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 1 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts optional
* 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
* 1/3 cup bowmar hazelnut spread warmed if needed to make spreadable
Serving Size: 8
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush the inside of a 10 by 5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and line with a strip of parchment paper. Set aside.
* In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork until only a few lumps remain. Add the egg and mix until smooth. Using the fork, whisk in the coconut oil, yogurt, sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and incorporated. Add the flour, and baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to stir until combined being careful not to over mix. Fold in the hazelnuts if using and the chocolate chips.
* Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Dollop half of the hazelnut spread over the top of the batter. Using the tip of a knife swirl the spread into the batter. Top with the remaining batter and repeat with the remaining chocolate hazelnut spread. Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until the bread is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with very few crumbs. Remember the chocolate spread will still be wet. Allow to cool for 30 minutes in the pan. Turn the pan on it’s side and rest an additional 30 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
From the kitchen of: Melanie Coutsouvelis