For the Batter:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup Protein Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
For the cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Serving Size: 12
1. Combine the flour, Protein Blueberry Cheesecake powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and sugar. Then, whisk in both eggs.
3. Add half of the flour mixture to the bowl with the oil, sugar, and eggs. Stir until just combined.
4. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to this same bowl.
5. Add in the rest of the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overstir.
6. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into each individual cup of a lined muffin tin and bake on 350 F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. While these are cooking, combine all of the frosting ingredients (cream cheese melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract) in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
8. After the cupcakes are fully cooked, allow them to cool almost completely then frost with the cream cheese frosting.
From the kitchen of: Hannah Woods